Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feel like a child… again.





Taken from enlamario.files.wordpress.com



The other day, under normal circumstances, certain first time experience made me realize how unplugging life can trick us to be. Implied as it is, it saddens me how few times can we really appreciate them, and if we're lucky enough in the first place to do so, that feeling will eventually vanish with every new entry within our lives until the only thing remaining will be monotony of a flavorless existence (ouch!). Well, since I just used enough big words for this one entry, now I'll show you what I really mean (well, sort of).

Turns out I was watching the movie Avatar in 3D the other day (yes, the very same "other day" where this entry starts) and something stroke me really hard. No, it wasn't the movie itself, don't want to review/criticize it at all (many people have done it), but it was something much more subtle… the 3D effect. This was my first time wearing the "magic lenses" in a movie theater, never did the blue/red ones, which in my opinion offered an image cheaper than the paper glasses they were made of. Anyway, I pay considerably more than a regular film but since it was sort of a gift for my mom I really didn't care. Once I was in my seat, took the glasses out of the bag-thingy, put'em on in a quick fashion and… voila! Welcome to the next step in entertainment (of course nobody said that to me, though it'd be kinda cool).

Even the previous trailers used the 3D effect, you know the kind, moving hands toward you, explosions that seem will hit you, the whole enchilada. Also the credits grabbed my whole attention when I saw them in different "planes" (didn't want to be the "surprised one" in the theater saying… "Look mom! I can touch the screen!").

Well, picture gotten, I was a first timer in the theater watching a 3D film, but I really liked it. Within the first 20 minutes I was enchanted with every scene I watched from the trailers and the movie itself. It felt to me I was watching something mysterious, almost magical. I hardly recall the first time I saw something with my jaw opened for more than 1 min, every detail was transported in a new direction so unusual to watch at first.

Want to drop a line here saying I did see the Avatar movie previously in non-3D, so you can tell my thoughts reflect only the 3D experience, rather than the movie itself. I somehow could compare both modes, if you will.

And as soon as it began… it ended (well, not that soon, it's a 2.5 hour film). I took my glasses out and came back from an experience I'll never have again for the first time. I guess life is full of first time experiences we just don't see. Well… where am I going with all this? Am I saying you should run to watch a 3D movie if you haven't? No. Should you rent Avatar in Blu Ray to get the ultimate experience? Neither. I'm talking about feelings in the first time experience. Remember the first time you ride a bike? Or the first time you said a girl/boy you like her/him? Maybe you don't, but I betcha the first time you did it, you felt surprised, you felt something you never sensed before, you felt like a child, not knowing how things happen but staring at the outcome with such a big illusion and excitement.

Time passes and we keep on doing our activities, riding a bike everyday (well, moved to cars now), saying how much we dear our beloved ones in a mere routine (sadly sometimes losing meaning). Too bad a first time experience is lived only once, when the magic is still fresh and hasn't been replaced by monotony.

What's your first time experience? If you feel like it, drop a comment down here or catch me in facebook/twitter/e-mail and share!! Meanwhile I stick a video so you can inspire.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Mario Bros... our first game.. wow...!!!
    And also mike mouse capade... a home classic!

    ReplyDelete