Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mmmm... this is it?

Well, this is it, it took me a while thinking about whether or not was a good idea to start a blog (and foremost, to keep it). I thought mostly about how many ideas I can develop and how fresh can I perform them, then it popped in my head if down the road would I have the time and the willingness to post entries on a regular basis.

But then I thought that I was overthinking things a lot (if there's such a thing). Posting in a blog should be about having fun with your ideas, to be able to hang out in words with readers, to make them laugh, to express how we feel, anyway, make them feel like home. But then again, your favorite place might not be home, well, guess what? I want to make you feel as if you were there as well.

I know there's a bio/background section, but for this one time, I'd like to "personally" introduce myself to you guys… as Luis. 24, male, living in a city in Mexico. I wouldn't call myself geeky, but my friends would do it for me… because I fall for gadgets, specially apples. My favorite color is blue (though I've had some "red" moments as well). Love European football, videogames, movies and traveling. Major achievements? Well, to be honest, my biggest one was to travel by myself all the way to NYC on Holidays in '03, simply to meet a person. Secondly (meaning… less important?) would be to gain a title when graduate called Summa Cum Laude from uni in Mechatronics. By this I don't pretend to sound presumptuous or anything, but is the only time people have referred to me in latin (sweet!)

I'll try, to the best of my knowledge, to write about things that I like, things that take my breath away, things that surprise me, from the mundane to the monumental, from the deepest cave to the highest peak (all of the sudden that sounds like a cheap script), anyway, you get the picture.

I read once blogging is like therapy, when you want to talk with your friends about the world, but that sounds like if you wouldn't have any friends at all to talk to in real person, so scratch that (or not, since I cannot provide a sharp definition of blogging). But I can say this though, this world is sooooooooo huge and sometimes there are soooooo many things you want to say to soooooooo many people… well, this helps a tiny bit, wouldn't you agree?

This is now my reason why I'll start this blog, for my friends who I see once a year, once a month, once a day, and for the ones I'll make today. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or a sandwich if you fancy it) and let's have some fun with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment