Thursday, April 8, 2010

Internet… everywhere


What's going on guys? Hope you've had a great week so far… things are going sort of great for me at the moment, the only thing is that I had a really bad stomachache the other day, and kinda kept me from doing what I planned for the day… but I'm better now, so let's rock!

Just yesterday I was at home doing my thing when I started watching this sort of lecture about new technology in the coming years, you might heard about the lecturer, Dr. Michio Kaku, he's one of the best physicists today and the best of all, he makes his letters quite entertaining and practical so mere mortals such as yours truly can completely understand.

I might be blogging about different devices I heard of this lecture in coming entries, this time I'll be sharing to you a single thought he mentioned about internet, in the form of such a tiny device with global communication. Can you imagine yourself with today's internet service, but having every single second of the day? Since the moment you wake up, when you want to decide what movie to watch, what book to read and finally when you call it a day. But then again, you can argue by saying you have internet all the time today.

Ok, ok, let me rephrase it then… what if you could 'watch' internet all time without being disconnected from your life? It turns out it will be possible in our lifetime! Wouldn't it be great if you could hold a videoconference with your family living across the country while you have your morning jog? Or what about knowing the weather forecast, your GPS route, traffic conditions and more without taking your eyes off the road? It sounds mind-blowing, but in effect researchers say quite possible!

This sounds just like virtual reality, since you'll be seeing stuff other people won't, like personal holograms, if you will. Expensive? I can imagine it will be in the dawn of its appearance, but since technology gets cheaper and faster every year, it wouldn't surprise me my future kids would have this technology given for their birthdays. How would this work? Well, the best thing of all is that it won't be invasive, I mean, it won't be like your holding a cellphone or being attached to a cable… all this amazing technology will be embedded in a contact lens… YEAH!

Can you picture that? Now we'll feel just like a Terminator having all this statistics and information at our sight (don't worry, we won't be seeing all in red). I can't imagine (Dr. Kaku made this joke) how exams will be done in the future, I mean, how would the dynamics change? I guess the point would be not knowing theoretical stuff anymore, but to understand it and how to apply it in real life (teachers, write some notes on that!).

Needless to say it sounds incredible, the possibilities are endless, what sort of widgets would you like to see? What movies would you watch? Would you embrace this technology or simply ignore it? You know where to leave your comments! Hope to see you next post this weekend, in the meantime… enjoy your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment