Thursday, April 15, 2010

Questions you'd ask God


Hey guys! What's up? This week has been alright to me, I've been filling an insane amount of applications and forms, you know how it is. I don't mind with every form asking me my general info, but sometimes is too much when you have to dig in really deep in your life to find what they're looking for. Man, I'm telling you, in many cases I don't really know the answers myself (or that in fact there IS an answer), but anyway, after spending most of my week in such a scenario, it's always refreshing to do other stuff.

This couple of days I thought the immutable fact that… 'we all need answers'. I think we do. From the minute you wake up you start thinking how the day will go. When you go to the kitchen wanting some cereal for breakfast you're wondering if there's still some left… what about going out? Well, you might start doing plans regarding the weather. Yep, life is filled with answers we need in order to  enjoy life… right. What about the questions?

Here's when things get interesting, in order to get some answers the correct questions need to be stated, so, let me rephrase: 'We all need questions'. Now we flip the tortilla and we need to start thinking what's the best way to make formulate them. And again, sometimes we simply won't get our questions answered, not because is a non wanted answers, but merely because is not possible.

Sidenote: This is just me, but I'd like to think the words 'not possible' and 'impossible' don't mean the same. 'Impossible' is a step up than 'not possible', which would mean a 'not possible' thing is not quite 'impossible', just extremely difficult but not difficult enough to be called 'impossible', just 'not possible'...

Having defined my personal thoughts about this terminology (that I don't even understand) the idea stroke me… we all want our questions to be answered, right? I mean, it gotta be some sort of necessity, we humans are so compelled to control our lives and in order to do so we gotta anticipate to the happenings and to plan accordingly. The truth is, nobody knows all the answers of life (moreover: OUR life). Sure we can know things about weather, science, how much cereal is left up on the shelf and similar, but what about the really tricky ones?

So I came up with the idea of this exercise… making a list of questions you'd ask God once you're gone (or any superior entity you believe in). I bet there are tons (and literally I mean TONS) of things you want to know about your life, other's lives… life itself. The most popular ones I've found: 'Why are we here?', 'What am I meant to do in life?', 'What's humanity purpose?'. Yet again, more personal questions could be more relevant to you. Or maybe events that happened zillions of years ago, or even the future… any question goes!

Once you have a decent amount (you'll be the judge of that) you can prioritize them so you can know what truly you'd love to know about anything. I bet you'll be amazed with the results. Luckily I'm not the only one with this idea, I've seen some other sites with this on their minds and they've gotten great results. As usual here's a vid with some kids responding to this question… good times! See you all next weekend and now go back to work!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog... and it's very true... We all time are asking us plenty of questions about our purpose in life or simply,what's gonna happen next. for example, when i wake up, i only think what's for breakfast... but... what do you have to have a breakfast??... and several phrases come to your mind.
    The main point of life is to live it... no matter how or where..., obviously we'll have a lot of questions to make, but difficulty we'll have all the answers!
    M, thanx for this interesting blog.. more of this!

    ReplyDelete